Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekend Musings

Last week was a really crazy, busy week at work. I'd had the previous week off work for vacation and I was a total slug lazy bum the whole week. I didn't plan anything in particular that week except, well, basically whatever I wanted. I stayed up late (because I am a night owl), I slept in, I swam, I napped, I played in Second Life.

Of course that meant getting up to go to work on Monday was a real bitch. And I came back to insanity of course. One of the difficulties of being in management is the buck stops on your desk. There is only one desk higher than mine and that is the CEO. But thankfully the week is over and I am sitting here on a beautiful Saturday morning enjoying the peace and quiet here.

I left a difficult marriage in March and moved into this wonderful 1 bedroom apartment and am living alone for the first time in my life. My kids are grown and living on their own. Not too successfully sometimes but they at least are not living under my roof. There is a reason, you see, I chose a 1-bedroom apartment! It's really small but I love it. It's just enough for me.

In the few months since I've been separated from my husband we've gotten the papers filed and signed and now we just wait for the 6-month waiting period to be over and we will be divorced. California has a long waiting period for divorces, and I didn't realize that other states don't have the same. Most other states you are divorced within 30 days of reaching an agreement. I guess it's the "reaching the agreement" part that can take some time. However, my soon-to-be ex's and my divorce was really simple. We had nothing to divide and no children to worry about. We'd been married six years and for a variety of reasons, I had to get out. He had become increasingly verbally abusive, moody and difficult to live with. And for my own mental health I had to get out.

You know what is really interesting is the history behind the apartment we used to live in. I don't know if you believe in such things, but I do believe there was a ghostly presence of some kind that was in the 2nd bedroom. Now, before you navigate away from this page in disgust let me tell you the story.

My ex had the second bedroom as his "den"...he had his computer in there, etc. and would spend quite a bit of time in there. He had issues already with depression and anxiety and was on meds for them. We certainly were already teetering on the edge of something because his unpredictable behavior (moodiness, etc) was already a problem. But when we moved into that apartment, just about a year before I finally had to leave, he would be in a good mood when I got home from work and then after dinner he would go into his "den" and spend two or three hours (yes by then we weren't spending much time together but that's another post). After spending a couple hours in there, he would come out loaded for bear. He would be snappy, growly, critical, mean, and just downright nasty. It was like living with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It was awful.

Well get this. Recently my oldest son began dating a woman that he's been friends with for several years. She and one of his other friends used to be married and they would all hang out together. Well, now that they are dating, my son's girlfriend and I have become good friends (p.s. I hope he marries her; she's wonderful!). One day they came over and helped me move a bunch of boxes into a storage unit I rented, and afterward I took them out to lunch. At lunch, we were discussing various things, and the subject came up of the apartment we used to live in. Turns out that she and her ex husband had lived in that very same apartment! She said that she felt there was something scary and evil in that room, and that a roommate they had that lived in that room became strange after living in there. After they kicked her out for her behavior, they made that second bedroom their music room, and her husband started hanging out in there and HE started getting strange, to the point where they finally separated and she had to get out. She said that his behavior was increasingly strange and she couldn't take it anymore.

One of her girlfriends and she were in that room one day, she said, and they felt something not right in there. They shouted "show yourself!" to the entity and she said they felt a cold rush of air and they ran out of the room. Makes me shiver thinking about it, and the hair is standing up on my arms.

Now, how weird is that?!? I would love to know the history of that apartment. I have to wonder if it turns over a lot, and if people who live there have relationship problems. It's just too strange and too coincidental. I mean, I have a feeling that my ex and I would have split anyway, but he got way worse after we moved in there. He was broody, moody, and impossible to live with. Not that I was so perfect, but you know what I mean. I didn't hang out in that room at all. I never liked being in there; it always gave me the creeps.

So hopefully you don't think I've lost my mind. Just a little piece of interesting information. :)

2 comments:

I know that there are palces in the world with high "!energy" whther this energy might be positive or not so positive. YEah, I can relate to what u posted here and for sure you havent lost your mind

Dear One, of course there is hope for you! It took me 30 years in general and 6 hard years with him to reach that stage! Having said that I was convinced I am a useless case with my relationship disorder! The only thing useless was my attitude. Sucked ;-) TBH, I was stunned about howw powerful thoughts are. Gotta have the positive ones ....

Post a Comment

Talk to me! :)